Grandma Kathy and I drove up on the Tuesday before Labor Day and were there for a week; the guys joined us for the long weekend. Although Kathy has more pictures on her camera, here are a few snapshots from our fabulous and COOL week in NC.
Carson and Alden are the best travelers! They did great on the way there and the way home - we left around 5am each time (which wasn't so fun for the adults) but it allowed us to make only 2 stops to arrive at our destination - WELL worth it!
Kathy and I hung out with the babies on Wednesday and Thursday, and then the men arrived that night. Friday, Kathy took me to the Old Edwards Inn Spa - Oh MY!!! Although I have been in the past, the pampering was amazing and I REALLY needed it :) The spa is actually currently rated the Number 1 Spa in North America by Conde Nast!!! Whew - did I feel like a princess. Thank you Bob and Kathy for this special treat!!!
On Thursday, Kathy and I decided to be adventurous and take the boys hiking on the mountain. We loaded up the boys in their packs and set out. Whew!!! Were we tired, but it was a fun day and we were proud of ourselves too!

Fun trip and great pics. One day we'll take all these kids up for a whitewater adventure...though it will be quite different than our trip years ago :).
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Glad you guys had a great time!
ReplyDelete