Today, Carson and Alden started Phototherapy for their Jaundice, so they've spent sometime under the lights. Also, they started them on their first official feeding today with what Caroline was able to pump. Until then, they had just been on IVs. They will now get breastmilk supplemented with preemie formula from now on. David and Caroline each got to "feed" one of the boys today - the next milestone!! We hold the syringe and the milk goes directly through their feeding tubes into their tummies, but we feel like heroes giving them their first feeding :)
They also moved into the same room which is amazing. Today, David held Carson and Caroline held Alden, right next to each other - how very sweet!! The nurses are all very impressed with their weights at 32.5 weeks and they may even get to move into the Intermediate NICU because they're stabilized and are doing so well.
We know there is a long road ahead of us, but we're so happy they're doing so well right now and can't spend enough time with them.

Beautiful, beautiful! I already love those boys! I can't wait for their homecoming (as you guys do so very much I'm sure :-). You guys all look wonderful. We pray for the boys continued healthy development. xo, The Clicks
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Caroline and Dave! Carson and Alden are so precious! I'm so glad the boys are doing well...I'm very excited for the four of you! ~Denise
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful and perfect, and I love them so much already!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kimberly
God Bless you all! I know that everyone is so excited that the boys are here and healthy. May everyone continue to grow stronger each day. Love, Boo Hartsell
ReplyDeleteI just love this! They are so cute and I am smiling from ear to ear! Thank you for sharing down this most memorable road. The Atwell's can't wait to have a play date:) Love to you all...Sherbear
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute Caroline! Congrats! Riley Jane is sitting here asking when she will get to meet them! She wants to go "right now!" Have fun!
ReplyDelete