Today, Alden is still off the respirator and Carson is now out of the phototherapy lights - 2 big milestones! Carson's oxygen is also now below a level one, so he's getting close to not needing that anymore either.
Caroline got to change Carson's diaper today! Sounds silly, but how amazing to get to change my first diaper on one of my little boys!!!! After Caroline fed him in the morning, he was zonked the rest of the day. Usually he's much more awake but today he was Mr. Sleepy.
Alden is sucking his thumb - we're so happy! That is a great milestone for them to begin learning the sucking mechanism.
Tomorrow I have to go home :( I am sad that I will not be able to just run downstairs and see them anytime, but I cannot wait to get home to David and sleep in our bed together. I left for work the morning of the 23rd and haven't been back since - so needless to say, I'm ready. We will work out a schedule to come up and see the babies 2 to 3 times a day which will be really nice.

Congrats on the first diaper change! I remember that! I am so excited to see that they are doing well and I can't wait to hear all about them when they finally get to come home!
ReplyDelete